Thursday, April 16, 2015

Easter weekend on the Lisbon coast, day 1, Cascais and Fortaleza doGuincho

I travelled to Lisbon this Easter to meet my friend Molly, who flew from my own home country Bulgaria. It was a first visit to Portugal for both of us and we had only three days to make the most of it.
Although I was expecting a nice sunny weather I was definitely unprepared for the hot, sticky Portugal. At the London airport I was happy to be wearing my trainers, but here I realised I needed flip flops. Don’t complain Eva, I thought, be happy it is April, not August.
Molly and I rented a car to take us to the Lisbon’s coast, but stopped at the pretty Belem Tower for a little wander around and luckily found some drinking water.
*Remember if you visit a hot country to always have a bottle of water with you, unlike Molly and I!image

Molly had a treat for me, she had booked a room in a luxury 5 star hotel! image

Fortaleza do Guincho was built as a fortress in the 17th century, now renovated as a premium 5 star hotel and Michelin Starred restaurant. The hotel is dramaticaly set leaning over the Atlantic ocean and overlooking the amazing Guincho beach. Have a peak inside our room —–>image

What wonderful friends I am blesed with heh!!
Then we witnessed an incredibly beautiful sunset over Guincho beach and it was done, it was absolutely and completely done - I have fallen in love with Portugal <3imageimage

No comments:

Post a Comment